Wednesday, November 27, 2013

making time to scrap

In my ideal world I would have time to do everything I need to do: cooking and cleaning and caring for the kids, spending time getting to know my neighbors, giving of my time to help more at Church and with things in the community, helping out at the school; and still have time to scrapbook as much as I want. But, that just isn't a reality right now. I do get to do a lot of those things and feel like I find a pretty good balance most of the time with the kids and their activities. The house is pretty clean most of the time and everyone gets fed ☺ If I want to scrap it has to be in whatever few minutes I can find during the day, which can be hard to do with a two-year old. 

I did an "Easy, Detailed, Expert" article for Scrapbook & Cards Today a while back and these layouts were some that I ended up not using because the end result wasn't quite what I was looking for. 

In the first layout I kept things very simple, as you can see: 


Supplies: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection


This second layout isn't that much more complicated but I added some additional pictures, mixed up the alphas in the title and added a few more details. 


This third layout is quite a bit more detailed but it ended up being TOO much. You can see, though, how through each step I added more to the layout. 

If you find yourself with just a little bit of time to scrap you can still do it, just keep things more simple. If you have a scrap area where you can leave a project out on your desk without fear of it being touched by little hands you can add little bits here and there. I have found that I can still scrap, I just have to modify the way I do things so that I don't have to give it up entirely. 

Happy Thanksgiving and happy scrapping! 

♥♥

4 comments:

Leanne said...

I love admiring your scrapping process! thanks for sharing..x

Unknown said...

ive checked this cool site a couple of times now and i have to say that i find it quite good actually. keep it up! :p
giochi di cucina

Sherri said...

I loved these on the blog Becky! Also wanted to say thank you so much for leaving a comment on the Chic Tags blog for me the other day. It means a lot that you would take the time to leave me a comment. Thanks so much Becky!

Angela said...

I like seeing these 3 levels side-by-side. Thanks for sharing. And I love your style--very inspiring and very creative.