Thursday, September 26, 2013

making the most of those little Project Life, etc. cards

Have you joined the Project Life fan club?

I have purchased a few different kits but haven't yet joined the bandwagon of using the cards with the plastic divided sheet protectors. It is not because I don't want to but simply because I haven't had a lot of time to get started with it all. I knew that I could use the cards that way once I gave it a chance but also knew that I could use the cards on regular scrapbook pages.

Here is a layout that I created doing just that.


I found these We R Memory Keepers cards at my local Target store and knew they'd go so perfectly with this black and white picture of Sarah and Lily that I took outside of church one Sunday a few weeks ago.


Along with the cards I used some Heidi Swapp mists (LOVE the gold one!), some small alpha stickers from October Afternoon and green twine from The Twinery that I purchased through Paper Issues. The chipboard hearts are old Making Memories ones that I found while going through some older things in my stash. I used a couple of different Martha Stewart butterfly punches.


The large heart is from one of the WRMK cards. It was red on a white background with the striped pattern on back. I cut it out from the card and used the extra paper to make the butterflies.

So there you go- using Project Life cards in a non-traditional PL format.

Have you done such a project? I'd love to see if you'd like to link it up here.

Have a great day!

♥♥